News: Enjoy our Christmas offer 30% off on our latest package Tower Defense Level Kit http://u3d.as/m7h

• July 23, 2018, 07:05:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scifi Level Kit  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Filax

• Administrator
Scifi Level Kit
« on: October 15, 2013, 02:38:00 AM »
Hey!

After few days of work, we are glad to present you, the Scifi Level Kit. If you know our 'Toon Level Kit', this is the same principle, but for realistic scifi environments!

You can create 3rd person games or FPS games for PC or tablet devices. More than 130 high quality prefabs (walls , floors, props, computers, pre-builded corridors, rooms, more to come...). Optimized for tablet (the spaceship demo , provided with the pack, run between 25/30 fps on ipad 2, without optimisation).

The prefabs are allready configured with their lights/ particles/sound effects. You hate to make light in your games? With the sci fi level kit you put your prefabs on the scene, and you start calculating the lightmap. Thats all! The spaceship scene content only 4 additional lights (to simulate the sun light from the outside), all the level lightning is made by prefabs.

It's not yet released, but soon! We chose, to not make another space creepy/dark environment... but more startrek and starwar for the design.

The spaceship map is just a 'graphic artist delirium' , to show you that you can create many map style,  with this modular level kit. But we provide 'corridors' style prefab :) just put them like "lego" to create quickly levels :) We hope you like it!?

Filax from Hedgehog Team

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:08:34 AM by Filax »

Offline mperdue

Re: Scifi Level Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:06:27 PM »
Is anyone else using this? I'm trying to figure out how it is implementing colliders.

Offline Ombra

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
I'm interested in this pack but am wondering how the colliders are set up in the scene. I have a system for making walls transparent if there is something blocking the line of sight from the camera to the player but it relies on mesh colliders. Are those being used?

Offline mperdue

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
It seems that most of the objects have no colliders built in at all so you are required to create them with each object placement. I would rather the objects had default colliders that can be disabled if you don't wish to use them. I've considered adding this the existing package but then I'd have to redo it for each new revision.

Offline ZombieFrog

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
Great set. Anyone know what snap settings to use with it?

I've been unable to get pieces to link up perfectly. For example, in this image  http://imgur.com/i56lAqSI have two floor pieces and using a snap setting of 1, they don't link up. Setting .5 makes them overlap. Not sure what I am missing to get them easily linking up.