News: Enjoy our Christmas offer 30% off on our latest package Tower Defense Level Kit http://u3d.as/m7h

• October 18, 2018, 02:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On_TouchStart not followed by On_TouchUp  (Read 431 times)

Offline arandono

On_TouchStart not followed by On_TouchUp
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
I'm having trouble with some of the touch controls on a trackpad. I've designed a game for touchscreen devices and everything EasyTouch works great. I'm trying to port to a desktop or laptop version and I'm having some issues with the same EasyTouch controls.

The primary issue comes from tap events. On my MacBook pro I have the trackpad set to register light taps (those that don't give an audible click of the trackpad). On_TouchStart registers fine with these events, but the problem is that it is not followed by an On_TouchUp when the finger is released. Moreover, when I tap the trackpad lightly, On_TouchStart registers as does On_TouchDown, but On_TouchDown never turns off (my debug string prints every frame) until the next tap event.

Is there a work around?

Offline Nicolas

• Administrator
Re: On_TouchStart not followed by On_TouchUp
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
Hi,

EasyTouch is expected for devuice with touch screens, are use on trackpad or other is not guaranteed and serves as a debubgging.

Compared to what you tell me, it seems that the detection of the touchup does not work, that's why you continuously receive the down. Do you try to make a simple debug script with just debug log in the different event ?

Offline arandono

Re: On_TouchStart not followed by On_TouchUp
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
Yes, it is clear that TouchUp is not working properly with the trackpad. I have been debugging it. Touchstart works just fine, but touchup and touchdown are not working properly.